how to migrate exchange when we have two organisations

  • From: "raj nair" <rajnair7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:39:46 -0700

Hi All,

Somebody tell me abt the steps ( differences from a single org) when iam
doing a exch migration from 5.5 to 2003 in a 2 organisation setup?

I have been involved in the migration of a single org .
The steps roughly were
1)create a windows 2003 domain
2)Clean Up exchange directory for resource mailboxes
3) Set up and run ADC
4) Move mailboxes ,Public folders
5) build  exchange 2003
transfer connectors , BH, routing cal servers , etc

6) delete the ADC , DRC and SRS

Is it necessary to move mailboxes and public folders by transfering them
to a pst and then importing them and reconfiguring them?

Raj Nair