RE: how to backup individual user mail box in the windows 2003 exchange server

  • From: "Choughule, Sandeep IN BOM SISL" <Sandeep.Choughule@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:16:32 +0530

Hi Ben,

If you using NTBACKUP then you cannot backup individual mailbox, and
while restoring you need to restore whole storage group.  For that you
need to use recovery storage group.  Then you can merge whichever
mailbox you want to restore.

For individual mailbox backup you need to try third party backup
software like veritas....
Regards,
Sandeep