[ExchangeList] Re: how to avoid highlighting URL

  • From: "Nick Parkes" <nick.parkes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:23:09 +0100

Oops, now I feel embarrassed. No that didn't actually work for text emails.
I guess, send an HTML email as previously suggested by Simon.
Insert html tag pairs within the url to disguise it - much like spam mailers do
to disguise words such as VIA<B></B>GRA.
Example CDO calls to send a mail (you'll have to convert to Perl from vbscript
and if you are using an included Perl lib such as net::smtp then you'd send the
HTML another way.)
    strEmailBody = "<HTML><H1>Title</H1><BODY>" & vbcrlf
    strEmailBody = strEmailBody & "Hello users - cut and paste this address
into your browser address bar to see it... <BR>" & vbcrlf
    strEmailBody = strEmailBody &
    strEmailBody = strEmailBody & "</BODY></HTML>" & vbcrlf
    mymailserver = "mymailserver" 'Define a SMTP server here
    recips = "distlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/";
    Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2
    cdoconfig.Fields.Item(sch & "smtpserver") = mymailserver
    Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set cdoMessage.Configuration = cdoConfig
    cdomessage.From = "AutoJobName@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    cdomessage.To = recips
    cdomessage.Subject = "HTML Report as of " & Now
    cdomessage.HTMLBody = strEmailBody
'    cdomessage.TextBody = removeHTMLTags(strEmailBody)
'   cdomessage.AddAttachment strDataFile 'Adds the datafile
    printlog ("Report emailed to " & recips)
   Set cdomessage = Nothing
   Set cdoconfig = Nothing