how long does it take for a mailbox to be linked to it's recipient

  • From: gagpram@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:35:19 -0700

Hi! I am trying desperately to extend my schema in windows 2000 to
accomodate exchange.  I am running exchange server on an additional domain
controller and not on the root domain controller.
I have couple of child domain controllers connected to the root via 64k
lesased lines on which i have to configure mail. I do not wish to install
exchange 2000 on the child domain controllers.
I ran the forestprep on the exchange server(additional domain controller)
and when I ran the domainprep immediately after, it says that the
forestprep has not yet run and that I have to run forestprep first,,,,
which I have already done.  Is there a problem??? Can i go ahed and
install exchange without running forestprep??

On a test which i conducted using switches the forestprep ran very well.
Does it take time for forestprep to settle down??  I am confused!