RE: hiding the name of the server when telneting into port 25

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:04:03 -0600

Any script kiddie is gonna run every script he can get ahold of, so that
would be pointless. (Like he knows the difference between IIS, Apache,
Hyperterminal [circle one that doesn't apply] )
Any real hacker, will figure what you got by responses and social
</two cents>
This is the mind set I have learned, hope this helps, perhaps it may
save you the time of configuring this.
Kenny Mann