[ExchangeList] Re: hi can you help me ?

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:01:24 -0400

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------I'm more than a little
hesitant to pass along this information - you might
be much better off (I should say 'probably would be much better off') just
calling in an expert to fix this mess.

There are ways to remove the Exchange org from AD - effectively
'un-forestpreepping' and 'un-domainprepping' your AD structure using
ADSIEdit.  Given that you say you want the same server name but a new Org
name, that's pretty much what you need to do IMHO.  Generally, unless you
have extensive experience, you don't do these things without having PSS on
the phone to walk you through it.

What about your old/existing mail?  Are you planning to try and restore it?
Because what you're describing is almost certainly going to break
repliability without A LOT of creativity in addressing, routing, and DNS
games.

And as John says, before you continue, be sure to understand the
ramifications and limitations/difficulties with Exchange on a DC.

I'm really not one to solicit business on this list, but maybe you should
just call one of us an pony up the consulting fees before you make a real
mess of things?