RE: getting undeliverable msgs to:fb92fd3bd37ca648b872a8adf6387741@adsi.dat

  • From: "Zoran Marjanovic" <zmarjanovic@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:20:22 +0200

Did you install Exchange2000-KB836488-v2-x86-enu.exe (version 2) and
what else is missing.

Numeric Code: 5.4.0

First Available: Exchange 2000 Service Pack 1

Possible Causes:
An authoritative host was not found in DNS.
The smarthost entry is incorrect.
FQDN name in HOSTS file. This issue was fixed in Windows 2000 Service
Pack 3 (SP3).
There was a DNS failure or you constructed an invalid IP address for
your smarthost. *
SMTP VS does not have a valid FQDN, or your SMTP VS FQDN lookup failed.
A contact's SMTP domain does not resolve to any SMTP address spaces.
Troubleshooting: Use Nslookup to check the DNS. Verify that the IP
address is in IPv4 literal format. Verify that there is a valid DNS
entry for the server or computer name in question. If you are relying on
the FQDN in HOSTS file, ignore it and update the entry in Exchange
System Manager with valid IP address or correct name.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284204

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;836488

Zoran

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi All,
We're on SBS2000 with Exch2000 installed.Since Two
Weeks I'm Getting NDR's with error code 5.4.0 saying
that  Your message did not reach some or all of the
intended
recipients--fb92fd3bd37ca648b872a8adf6387741@xxxxxxxx
on 7/9/2004 1:31 PM
            The destination server for this recipient
could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS).
Please verify the email address and retry.  If that
fails, contact your administrator.

Can Anybody help me to solve out this problem.
Tanhks and Regards,
Ahamed