forwarding emails and licensing

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:57:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I have a client who has about 20 real mailboxes, and then they have about
80 users who won't have email boxes, just forwards to an external email
like their personal AOL or a hotmail accounts.  This is for a church.

The only method I can see in Exchange requires me to install "real mail
enabled accounts" for each one and then set each one to forward, but from
a CAL (licensing) point of view, these 80 users would still have to pay
for a CAL license even thought they are not really using Exchange other
than as a forwarding engine.

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this without making having to set up
real mail enabled accounts in Exchange?

best regards
Mike