RE: form based auth using kerberos ?

  • From: m1r4cle_26@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:09:26 -0600

Thank you to Paul & Al for the replies.

So, from client browser, username & password are sent to exchange server
in clear (with SSL to secure them) and on behalf of the user, exchange
will use kerberos to authenticate the user to AD ?

What settings do I need to ensure this flow ?

When I set the authentication of exchange folder to basic authentication
in IIS, I see that the username & passwords are sent to exchange, but no
kerberos authentication between exchange & AD, there are many ldap
requests instead. If I set the authentication to integrated windows
authentication, the client browser sends AS-REQ & TGS-REQ directly to AD,
which is not how it supposed to work right ?

I only have 1 exchange server, so no front end / back end configuration.
How can I configure exchange server to use kerberos authentication to AD ?

thanks