[ExchangeList] forcing Exchange 2003 to refresh address book etc.

  • From: "Jabber Wock" <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:50:15 -0400

Hi,

I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server.   The AD, DC and GC are also all running on Windows 2003.  When I make a change in AD such as increasing the storage limits of a user, or adding or deleting a user, sometimes the changes show up quickly in everybody's address book and sometimes it can take a long time (maybe up to an hour!).  Is there a way of forcing Exchange to pick up changes in the AD immediately (short of rebooting the box or restarting Exchange services!)?

For example it is becoming hard to explain to my users why they have to wait till the next morning to see the new or deleted users in their copy of the GAL, or why it takes 10-15 minutes or even an hour for their storage limit to be increased.

TIA!

JW