[ExchangeList] Re: file filtering best practice?

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:55:57 -0400

I¹ve had great experiences with Antigen (formerly Sybari, now Microsoft) on
this very topic.  Antigen opens all zips and quarantines those that have
infections.  Password protected ones can be automatically quarantined.
Another great feature is the ability to scan and/or filter files that have
had their extensions changed in an attempt to get past a mail filter ­ it
opens the file up and examines it rather than just relying on .zip as the
extension to identify it.

Great stuff.

Rick