[ExchangeList] Re: file filtering best practice?

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:26:54 -0500

Homegrown, John?

________________________________

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John T (Lists)
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:34
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: file filtering best practice?

We use software that bans attachments not only based upon the file
extensions, but also the file extension of the file within a zip or
other archive file. Therefore, we can allow zip files but still ban zip
files which contain executables or other potentially malicious file
types.

John T

eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"