RE: [exchangelist]RDNS

  • From: "Andy Arnold" <AArnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:11:02 -0500

When I try to block access to a domain or an ip in IIS SMTP it does not work.
If I blocked mx19215.ee02.com from delivering email it still would deliver it
and the log entry below would be in the IIS log:

2004-12-13 14:06:27 127.0.0.1 mx19215.ee02.com SMTPSVC1 RAS1 10.60.48.8 0 EHLO
- -

I have ISA Server 2000 on the box and all incoming SMTP traffic comes in to the
IIS SMTP virtual server. Domains are being resolved to 127.0.0.1 no matter what
domain it is.