exchange weirdness

  • From: "Kern, Tom" <tkern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:39:23 -0400

I have mailbox enabled users in AD that have been disabled. However in
ESM, they are not marked as such. When i run the cleanup agent, they
are still not marked as disabled.

When i try to Exmerge the box, I get an access denied error(i have
full exchange admin rights inherited from the org and full mailbox
right on the user).
Also, i can't open their box via outlook as well.

My situation at this firm is as such- we have no network connectivity
to the root(for about 2 wks. don't ask, long story..).
The users are all in my child domain as are their mailboxes. the root is empty.

We are also running with netbios/tcp disabled forest wide.

i know there are some issues with netbios being disabled and exmerge
and ESM and outlook. Could this be a cause? I don't know the exact
error you would get.

I don't think having no connectivity to the root should be an issue.
We have 4 dc's, 3 of which are gc's in the child domain.

any advice would be great.
thanks