Re: exchange not starting automatically

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 02:15:23 -0000

Hi Fritz

Have you recently installed a new domain controller or global catalog by any
chance. I am assuming we are talking about Exchange 2000/3? Try turning up
the logging level to medium on the SMTP virtual server and I reckon you will
see errors in the event log that AD could not be contacted during
start-up.This is normally due to FSMO role placement. I am afflicted with
this too.I am guessing your server is also the FSMO?

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to contact me if I can help further at all.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.