Re: exchange list Re: Help please

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 06:37:30 -0700

> I understand a person asking of help should not be taken for a "ride". I
> hope others would see the futility of Mr. Stephen's mailing style and
> condone such activity as I have done so.

The person was not asking for help. He was asking for information on where
to find resources on a subject he knows nothing of.

Any professional should know where to find basic resources. Again, we are
talking about basics, not problem solving or features. As he is a member of
this list, he must know about MSExchange.org. By nature of the list, it is
for helping people with issues and such, not for basic questions such as
where can I find information about Exchange.

Furthermore, there seems to be a proliferation of newbie's asking basic
questions on a list without first doing any research. (Not just this one, on
many.) While this in itself is not an issue, it indicates a lack of
professionalism in that the person has not done some basic research, instead
turning directly to a list to ask questions.

Example, I have seen the same question basic question being asked over and
over on the ISA list. This information is 1. Readily available in the
archives, 2. Readily available on ISAserver.org, 3. Readily available on
www.microsoft.com.

> Pardon me Mr. Stephen, I felt that the tone of your message was a bit
> rude for reply to a newbie.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion Mr. Srivas.

John Tolmachoff
MCSE, CSSA
Owner, Network Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You