RE: [exchange list] RE: Exchange 2k newbie

  • From: "Robert Boerescu" <RobertB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 21:19:37 +0300

Any other email server need the dns settings to get email.
Is your domain hosted at your ISP?

İn your dns you need to add an MX record (right click the dns zone
yourdomain.com, add MX record, yourcomputer.yourdomain.com (or you can create
first an alias like mail.yourdomain.com by adding a host record "mail" to
yourdomain.com and point to it with the MX record)
Also in a public dns (your isp for example) there must be an MX record pointing
to your public ip.