exchange configurations

  • From: Navigator gomaa <gom3aa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:29:37 +0200

Hi Experts
 I have recently installed an e-mail exchange server 2003 and its actually
the first time to  that and i am totaly new with it.
so here are my questions :

1-I have tried to send e-mails and receive mails through intranet and
Internet and the result was as follow.
-locally sending/receiving  = succeed
-Internet receiving=i see that the items is increased in the mailbox after
sending the mail from an external mail ,that means that its receiving is
functioning well,but i  never succeeded to read the mail or to retrieve it
through the outlook express nor the outlook web access (i wonder why).
-Internet sending = succeeded to send to external emails like gmail or
hotmail (but it always take much time ).

2-what is the best configurations to enhance my exchange mail process
sending/receiving speed?

3-what is the best exchange configurations to secure my exchange and to
protect it specially from spams?.

Thank you

--
Eng.Mohamed Gomaa