[ExchangeList] Re: exchange and multiple servers/hosting

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:15:48 -0400

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------> account that's not in
the Vancouver AD, but does
> exist on Electricmail (ie accounts for everyone
> outside of Vancouver). I expect it's going to say
> account doesn't exist/invalid user.  What's the
> best way to get around this. Do I need to setup
> some kind of custom mail routing in exchange?

The easy way to do this is to use contacts. The right way to do it is a lot
more complicated. Search for the KB on "Sharing SMTP Address Spaces" at
support.microsoft.com.

That document will answer all your other questions from below, too.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
MCSE/Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com