[ExchangeList] Re: exchange 2007 cluster on vmware

  • From: Greg Mulholland <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 18:08:05 -0300

How many users are you thinking of supporting in order to warrant clustering. I
am running exchange 2007 boxes on vmware esx but we have only 600 mailboxes on
a single mailbox server, however we have exchange 2003 servers, soon to be
upgraded, in 3 other countries which handle load as well.

Possibly if I had not inherited it and had my own choice I would have used
hardware for the mbx servers and vm's for the cas,ht servers only for the idea
of better resource utilisation but we are not seeing any performance hit and
don't expect to.

Greg