[ExchangeList] Re: exchange 2007 CCr and error checking

  • From: "Rick Boza" <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 09:50:56 -0500

The replication is managed via transaction logs, not via direct database repl, which prevents corruption as you describe - so (mostly) no worries there.  of course, if something somehow corrupts one of the DBs due to content in a transaction log, chances are it will replicate over.  It's not true database clustering in the traditional sense.

See this article for some detail.

Hope that helps!

Rick

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am a bit new to this and just need  a bit more information on how ccr works, especially with error checking.

My understanding (and I may be wrong) is that with CCR the nodes are not required to have a shared storage subsystem. So which means each node keeps a copy of the exchange DB. My question is how is error checking done? if node2 takes a copy of node1's db, surely that could lead to node1 actually corrupting node2, or am i missing something. Also is it still possible to have the shared subsystem configuration, as I am just testing things out in my Lab.

Thanks

Patrick