[ExchangeList] exchange 2007 CCr and error checking

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 03:39:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi Guys,

I am a bit new to this and just need  a bit more information on how ccr works, especially with error checking.

My understanding (and I may be wrong) is that with CCR the nodes are not required to have a shared storage subsystem. So which means each node keeps a copy of the exchange DB. My question is how is error checking done? if node2 takes a copy of node1's db, surely that could lead to node1 actually corrupting node2, or am i missing something. Also is it still possible to have the shared subsystem configuration, as I am just testing things out in my Lab.

Thanks

Patrick