[ExchangeList] Re: exchange 2003 n AD

  • From: asus77x <asus77x@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:50:33 +0800 (CST)

sorry with my bad english and explanation,

our headquater already have domain for their network, let say it abcd.com.

and i also have network with domain name xyz.abcd.com in our branch office.

now i want to setup exhange 2003.  normally, exchange will use installed domain (xyz.abcd.com) as far as i know.  the problem is, we do not use xyz.abcd.com for our exchange.  we want to use companyname.com. so when email created, it will not like this user1@xxxxxxxxxxxx, but we want it as user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

is it possible ? if ye, how to do that ? or maybe you nor someone have article or guide how to setup like that.

btw, hopefully you understand this explanation. :-)

thanks
hery

shorabh upadhyay <shorabh.upadhyay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
?????????????

Totally confused.....what u want to implement........... "exchange domain" this term i had never listen........

      "i thinks you have a existing domain with exchnage and now you had added a child domain in existing domain. Now you want to enable exchange in your child domain with the same e-mail addresses......."

       This is what i understood. if this is right than you have to only run /domainprep command on your new child domain controller and than exchnage server setup on your forthcoming exchnage server.

update me !!!

On 7/10/06, asus77x <asus77x@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi, sorry to make u confuse,

my exchange domain is defg.com, and i want to setup exchange with this domain name within this active directory siteserver.server.abc.com.

siteserver.server.abc.com is our dc server.  and i'm planning to setup an exchange server ( defg.com), but still can connect to siteserver.server.abc.com

rgds,
hery

shorabh upadhyay <shorabh.upadhyay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can u make it some morre clear what exactly you are lookingh for....?

Because your exchange domain is already defg.com   whcih you are looking to create..........?

make the condition more clear.....

On 7/10/06, asus77x <asus77x@xxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
guys,

i have the following situation (the following is the ilustration only for my situation) :

headquarter :
active directory : server.abc.com

site :
active directory : siteserver.server.abc.com
exchange domain : defg.com

now, i need to deploy exchange 2003 with exchange domain name "defg.com" within " siteserver.server.abc.com" (this is the windows 2003 active directory).

is it possible ? if so, does anyone have articles or guides how to do that ?

rgds,
him
Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com

--