RE: exchange 2003 health check

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:51:06 -0500

What if you start a remote terminal server session to the server?

On the general topic of "Exchange 2003 health check", download, install, run
ExBPA.  Fix most everything it says is critical to fix, and look at the "all
issues" report to see other items which may help.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=dbab201f-4bee-4943-
ac22-e2ddbd258df3
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=dbab201f-4bee-4943
-ac22-e2ddbd258df3&displaylang=en> &displaylang=en

Except for unusual circumstances, such as removing a large number of
mailboxes, there is almost never a need for offline defrag of the store.
Forget that you ever heard the phrase "offline defrag".  It is almost
certainly not the cause of this problem.

Carl

  _____