exchange 2003 health check

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 04:31:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi

  I have exchange 2003 ent sp1 running on windows 2003 ent sp1, from past few
days my server seems to be responding very slow when working on the console (on
the server it self). Like opening any windows on console takes lot of time.
Symantec antivirus also runs on the same box and it sucks.

  However there is no noticeable performence difference in accessing mails from
OWA or outlook and CPU and mem usage has not changed.
  Is there anything I can check on so that i can prevent any issues? Should I
run offline defrag on mailbox stores??

  Solving any critical problem and searching for new job simultaneously becomes
toughJ  Please help me with your tips

  Regards
  Praveen R