exchange 2003 database dismounted

  • From: "vikas jain" <vikasjx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:14:16 -0700

"please reply urgently"

hi,
last night suddenly our exchange 2003 server got down when our ups power
went off.After the restart database didn't mount ."Total database file
size priv1.edb=5gb" first we checked the database consistancy by eseutil
/mh and we got error the "state=dirty shutdown" after that we tried to
repair the data base file "priv1.edb"
by eseutil /p.  but its already 5 hours now but it has stuck on
"deleting unicode fixup table"  and now we are not able to unlock the
system by admin password. because of might be low on resorces.

other details

boot drive c:
system is adc
database on drive e:

empty space on c drive 4gb
sytem hardware= compaq prolaint ml 350 2.4gh

we have only exmerge backup of two days back
how should we restore that backup on this server.

we have also curropted database backup taken this morning.
thanx