event id 3010

  • From: Scott Overfield <soverfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:23:18 -0500

Re-Post....
I have been having a problem sending email to one specific domain for some
time now, however, I don't have a problem receiving email from the same
domain....if I relay all email for that domain through my ISP, the emails
are received at the destination with no problem...I can query with nslookup,
and the DNS appears to be correct (MX, etc.).....My questions are: If this
were a DNS problem, wouldn't I have the same problem when I relay through my
ISP, since all external DNS queries are forwarded to MY ISP's DNS server
anyway? Also, if this were a DNS problem, why would it be limited to a
single domain? Has anyone run into a similar problem with exchange, and if
so, how can this be fixed?.....BTW, the emails are returned undeliverable
with destination host unreachable, and they show up in the NT event log as
event ID 3010.....

Scott Overfield
Network Administrator
Gratiot County Community Mental Health