RE: event 672

  • From: "Zoran Marjanovic" <Zoran.Marjanovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:37:55 +0100

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/Security/bestprac/bpent/sec3/monito.msp

672 - Authentication Ticket Granted

It is connected to DC, Kerberos and DNS config. So check your DC's
config and check clients for DNS settings.

If you cannot solve the problem, you could increase the number of failed
logon attempts before the account is locked down.

Or remove it, as the guys from MS security team say it is just a nice
tool for DoS attack, not a real security related measure.

Zoran