event 672

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 04:05:33 -0800 (PST)

  Any idea about this event?
  Source: Security
  Type: Failure Audit
  Event id 672
  Category Account logon
  Authentication Ticket Request:
  User Name: Chan.ban
  Supplied Realm Name: dsltech
  User ID: -
  Service Name: krbtgt/dsltech
  Service ID: -
  Ticket Options: 0x40810010
  Result Code: 0x12
  Ticket Encryption Type: -
  Pre-Authentication Type: -
  Client Address: (this is my front end IP)
  Certificate Issuer Name:
  Certificate Serial Number:
  Certificate Thumbprint:
  I check on the web site, but no where I can find failure events with respect
to event id 672.
  Some users account is getting locked when tried to logon for the first time
in the morning even when tried to logon with correct password. Account lock
policy is set to 3 times, but account gets locked even on the first try itself.
  When I checked on the server for events I found around 12 events like this. I
use windows 2003 sp1 and exchange 2003 sp1

  Praveen R

Yahoo! Mail