RE: error when trying to rebuild Offline Address List

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:13:51 +0100

Does the SYSTEM account have full access to MAPISVC.INF?

Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Services Organisation
Desk:   +44 (0)118 909 5630
Mobile: +44 (0)7966 858108
MSN IM: markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.microsoft.com/support

This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on
the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do
not open any attachment, and please contact the sender (details above)
immediately. Information in this email is provided in good faith. If you
are a customer of Microsoft, please refer to the terms and conditions
which cover the provision of support and consulting services to you/your
organization. If you are not corresponding in the course of, or in
connection with a Microsoft contract or program with its own terms and
conditions, please note that no liability is accepted by Microsoft for
the contents of this mail.

________________________________

Date:                4/14/2005

Time:                4:24:00 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         GSF-EXCH01

Failed to perform MAPI logon.

Well, I first checked the MAPISVC.INF file, but the permissions are not
the issue, especially as I logged in as an administrator (with full
exchange admin rights). Searching on google was not successful...

I am running a win2k3 domain with an win2k3 server running exchange 2003
SP1.

Does anyone has any experience with these errors, or knows how to solve
them?

Kind regards,

Dennis Appelboom

XB