error: 0XC103FC93 (64659)

  • From: "ashvor" <avohra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:22:10 -0600

I'm trying to install my fist Exchange 2003 Enterprise server. I already
have a running Exchange 5.5 on a Win 2k server. My domain has been
upgraded from NT to 2003. After successfully completing all the
pre-install steps to Coexist with Exchange 5.5 when I run the setup.exe I
get the following error:

(Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component
"Microsoft Exchange": 0XC103FC93 (64659): Unable to find object
/o=<OrganisationName>/ou=<Site>/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=
<decomissioned exchange 5.5 server name/cn=Protocols/cn=LDAP.)

The server it is looking for has been long decomissioned. And though I
didn't do a good job of uninstalling it I had to run admin -r to remove
some instances left in my current Exchange 5.5 server.

Is there a work around to make setup.exe not look for the deleted exchange
server.

Thanks for a quick responce in advance.