email attachments to Internet accounts always corrupted

  • From: "Preziosi, Mary" <mpreziosi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:36:46 -0500

We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP4, clients are Outlook 98/2000 on
Win95/98/NT/2000. We have one user, and one user only, who has constant
problems sending attachments to Internet accounts from his Outlook email
account. Attachments sent to local users are OK. He uses Outlook 98 on a W98
machine, he has Exchange Server client, Internet Mail, Personal Folders and
Personal Address book configured in his mail profile, as does everyone else.
(Mail is delivered to Mailbox but saved indefinitely in Personal Folders.)
Attachments that he sends (MS Word, Excel) end up as garbage on the other
end. I can send the same attachment from my computer to the same
destination, and it will be fine. We rebuilt his computer, gave him a new
computer, gave him a new email account, but the problem persists. I know it
doesn't seem like this makes any sense at all but I thought I'd throw it out
and see if anyone has any suggestions. Internet email sending format is MIME
but we have also tried UUENCODE with no success.