Re: dsquery

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Yann,  it works. Basically i can get users who need to change password
at first logon. Which gives me rough idea how many users have not logged even
once. This list also includes newly created users.

When i use this command i get around 500 users with (544) that means 500 users
are yet to login for the first time. (544 users who need to change the password
at first logon). Out of this some might be inactive id's.

Is there a better way to figure this out??

Regards
Praveen R

Yann <yann.tiroa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi,

use the "oldcmp" free tool from the excellent Joe's web site at:
http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/oldcmp.htm

I've never tried it because i have w2k3 domain and I used the "saved
query" fonction in ADUC that does the job. :-)

i think u can use the following switch:
oldcmp -f
"(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))"

Hope it helps.

Yann

 Make Yahoo! your home page