RE: domain naming

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:31:41 -0400

Hello Monika,
Yes, you can have a different AD domain name from what you use for
email. All you have to do is, create a recipient policy to stamp SMTP
addresses to user objects with what domain name you want to use for
email. Secondly, in the Public DNS, you should not be exposing yout AD
domain name. I am not sure how you are connected to the Internet, do you
use firewalls and NAT rules etc ? I would just register the MX record as
mailserver.jsumes.edu in the public DNS, and point the entry to the
Public IP address assigned to your Exchange Internet gateway server.
And, that IP address will get NATed to your internal IP address of the
Exchange server at the firewall.

HTH

Regards
Raj