[ExchangeList] Re: doc on best praticies for delegates and travelling staff re: calendar and time zone changes

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:30:49 -0700

-------------------------------------------------------Does that apply to
Entourage 2008?  in this case the Exec is using Entourage
2008 while his delegate is using outlook 2007.   Both from reading and
experience, Entourage 2008 is a .... poor cousin of Outlook 2007. :-(

I know the beta of Entourage Exchange Web Services has some features that get
Entourage closer to Outlook functionality. but there is still a ways to go.

On 19 Apr 2009 at 16:35, Jabber Wock wrote:

If I understand your scenario correctly ... in Outlook 2007 I believe you can
specify the time zone with calendar entries, in which case the tz translation
"should" be done automatically by the other user's local time zone, no need
for either user to change the OS to an incorrect tz or make mental
conversions. If you make a calendar entry without specifying tz, it defaults
to the OS time zone.

Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
help@xxxxxxxxx (use pgp keyid 0x3AD5C11D) http://www.pdscc.com