RE: do I need an smtp connector to allow external clients?

  • From: "Paul Taylor" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:54:13 -0400

Hi Mark,

Thanx for your reply I really appreciate it :)

I tried that checked outgoing even entered user info (user id and
password) and tried with external client and it replies with the
following message:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity. Account: 'pop3.thedomain.com ', Server:
'smtp.thedomain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F"

What has me a bit baffled is that internal settings work fine. I am
getting feeling it has something to do with domain, but I typed user
then password ( did not work) then tried domain\user password - did not
work, then user@interdomainname password and did not work. This is just
to send - they receive ok and on external clients internal everything is
fine.

Again thanks
Paul