RE: defragmentation on exchange 5.5 database

  • From: "Lynch, Chris" <Chris.Lynch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:19:13 -0800

You can copy your PRIV or PUB databases over to another machine, and copy
ESEUTIL.EXE and ESEUTIL.DLL (I think that is the DLL name, can't remember
off my head) and run that on another machine that does not have Exchange
running on it.  That is what we did when we needed to defrag our 50GB
database down to 21GB.

HTH,

CHRIS LYNCH -  MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel 949.367.3406