RE: creating many Distribution Lists

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:23 -0500

Mike,
Your best option would be to use CSVDE or LDIFDE. CSVDE is better to
create new objects. However, your CSV file format has to be properly
defined for this to work. To get an exact idea of the format try using
CSVDE to create a list of your existing DLs. You can then use this CSV
as a template to create your own new CSV file and then use CSVDE to
import into AD. There is KB with detailed syntax of CSVDE and LDIFDE
usage.

HTH

Regards,

Raj