counting mailboxes

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:03:34 -0500 (EST)

Does anyone know of a way of counting mailboxes from the command line?

Reason:  I am managing an Exchange server for a customer and they want to
be billed by the number of active mailboxes in any given month, which
could fluctuate up or down as they add and delete users.  So I want to
schedule a command line report which will save the user count to a file at
midnight every day (just add a single line to a text file somewhere), and
then email me the saved report on the first of every month.  I can manage
the rst of the programming, just needed a way of counting active

best regards
Mike Salim