[ExchangeList] Re: convert from pop3 to exchange

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:37:37 -0500

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------.ost files are not very
flexible. I'm not sure if you're confusing .ost and .pst file. OST is your
offline storage file used when you enable cache mode or just enable offline
storage feature in outlook. Let's say you give a user a new laptop, you can't
take the old .ost file from his old laptop and copy it to this profile in his
new laptop. OST files isn't that flexible as far as what I've experienced. I'm
not sure if this is what you're trying to do. I know you're not trying to have
these users re-download all their mail again.