[ExchangeList] convert from pop3 to exchange

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 11:39:57 -0800

-------------------------------------------------------Okay, have a client
running exchange 2003 at west coast location, we have
several users in Central Canada who have been connecting via pop3s and smtps.
These users were running Outlook 2000 and have recently been upgraded to
outlook 2003 so their pst files are still of the older non-unicode variety.

Now I've sent these staff the information to get them connecting to the
exchange server via vpn (can't run rpc over https as the dc is still win2k)
and I need to figure out the best way to migrate them.

Essentially I want to have them use Exchange Cached mode and continue to use
the same pst file they currently use (after creating a unicode one and
copying the contents to it).

What's the best way of going about this?

Essentially I don't want to have the caching re-download all the mail that
they already downloaded via pop3. Is this even possible?

Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
help@xxxxxxxxx (use pgp keyid 0x3AD5C11D) http://www.pdscc.com

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: