RE: controlling SPAM

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 00:40:55 -0800

Your first step should be to search the archives. I and others have posted
many times great information on ways to fight the war on Spam and viruses.

The best way to fight spam is with a multi-faceted or weighted approach,
where several or dozens or more tests are run against message to try to
determine whether or not it is spam. Despite what some vendors may try to
lead you to believe, there is no one end all to stopping spam. If there was,
the war would have been won by now.

I and many others consider the SpamHaus DNSRBL tests medium weighted ones,
meaning we value them but they are not the best. On my systems, it takes
failing at least 2 high ranking tests to actually fail.

John T

eServices For You