controling SPAM

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 23:56:38 -0800 (PST)

 Hi,

I tried configuring my anti SPAM software to use
"SBL-XBL.spamhaus.org". It does a good job but this also filters some valid
mails. For
example if some customers mail server is listed in XBL for some time. Then we
will not receive the mails from this server. SPAM mails keep coming
from different source IP so if i manually keep adding IP's to the block
list may not me useful.
I want learn from experts on this. Is it a good idea to use XBL?? Is
there a better way to control this? Will this help me in saving
bandwidth? Please let me know your views and experience.

Regards

Praveen R