RE: container move

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:38:10 -0500

> exmerge takes too long and we have too many users going into
> different containers.  any other ideas?

None that I've heard of, but calling Microsoft might be worth the price if you
are talking about gigs of data.  I once made the mistake of adding additional
recipients containers to a 5.5 system and had to go through the same process.
Microsoft didn't design 5.x to allow movement between containers; at the time
the manual method was the only one.

I've never used Exmerge but I believe it just dumps to a PST, deletes/recreates
the box, and then imports the PST in a scripted fashion.  It is quite time
consuming.  Splitting the organization into sites would seem the most prudent
approach in a 5.x environment.