Re: configure exchange 2003 (uk) for usage wit h dutch outlook clients

  • From: "Marcel Stangenberger" <msa@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:13:06 +0200

> When connected to an Exchange server, the default list that
> Outlook shows is
> the Global Address List, which in Ex 200x comes from AD. If
> you've modified
> the Outlook Address Book to show a different default list
> (for example your
> local contacts), then the first thing you'll see is that. I
> suspect what
> you're seeing is your Global list.

Yes, the local addressbook is empty.

> How many DCs do you have in your domain? How many of them are
> global catalog
> servers? Have you checked replication between your DCs? It
> sounds like your
> GC has an old version of your database.

I have only one DC in the domain so replication should not be an issue. I do
agree that the global addresslist is an old database (at least it seems that
way). Is it possible to regenerate this database with the current users?

> Why your Dutch clients cannot see the list is beyond me. Are
> they running
> localized versions of both Windows and Office?

No, only the office version is localized on some systems (not all users are
dutch therefor there are dutch and english verions in the network.

Greetings,

Marcel