RE: can't send to yahoo.com

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:51:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Listing on one spam database is of no concern. Anyone who is blocking
> based on listing in one spam database does not understand the Internet.

yea, but you'd be surprised what some system admins do out there.  We had
one irate customer who could not receive any emails because his ISP was
using http://www.blackholes.us/ as if that's an RBL!  We contacted that
ISP and nothing we said could convince him to stop using it as an RBL.
All his responses were along the lines of "you are listed and you need to
stop hosting spammers", as if http://www.blackholes.us/ is a list of
spammers!  And the end result was we had a very irate customer, upset at
us for no fault of ours, because some stupid admin out there did not know
the Internet or how to configure his mailserver to use RBL's properly.

In other words, admins who "do not know the internet" eventually become
your problem, like it or not.

$0.02

best regards
Mike Salim