RE: can't send to yahoo.com

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:02:42 -0700

Listing on one spam database is of no concern. Anyone who is blocking based
on listing in one spam database does not understand the Internet.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Wall [mailto:Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 9:40 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: can't send to yahoo.com
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Luke,
> 
>    FYI - www.rbls.org lists both of your SMTP servers as being blacklisted
> by www.block.blars.org You may want to contact them and find out why...
> Here are the links to the reports
> http://rbls.org/?q=208.4.66.22
> http://rbls.org/?q=208.4.67.22
> 
> Chris
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Wall [mailto:Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 12:17 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: can't send to yahoo.com
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Sorry, missed that one...
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lara, Greg [mailto:GLara@xxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 12:14 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: can't send to yahoo.com
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Chris, Luke mentioned earlier in the thread that he was able to connect
via
> telnet to yahoo on port 25.
> 
> Luke, if you're familiar with SMTP commands, I suggest you make the telnet
> session again, but try to manually run through a complete session, for
> example:
> 
> 220 YSmtp mta399.mail.scd.yahoo.com ESMTP service ready helo smginc.com
> (Their response codes may not match mine exactly, but it should say OK)
mail
> from:<myaddress@xxxxxxxxxx> 250 Ok rcpt to:<yahooaddress@xxxxxxxxx> 250
> Ok
> Data
> 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
> Subject: test message
> Hi
> .
> 
> Send the transcript of this session to the list if you can.
> 
> 
> Greg Lara
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------
> This e-mail message may contain privileged, confidential and/or
proprietary
> information intended only for the person(s) named. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please destroy this message, and any attachments, and
> notify the sender by return e-mail. If you are not the intended
> recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
> message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly
> prohibited.
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Wall [mailto:Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 12:04 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: can't send to yahoo.com
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Does each location have its own Internet Mail Connector?  If so, are both
of
> those servers referencing the same DNS Server (if no SMTP Gateway) or are
> they both forwarding mail to the same SMTP Gateway server?  I would
suspect
> that the Philly office has different routing preferences and it sends mail
> using a different Internet Mail Connector and probably uses a different
DNS
> server.  Still either could be your issue.
> 
> If you are listed as an open relay as Greg suggested, you may want to
> attempt to telnet to yahoo on port 25 from each locations SMTP Gateway.
> Your Philly gateway will probably have no issues connecting.  Your local
> Gateway will most likely error out if it is being blacklisted....
> 
> The weird thing here is that your local gateway server is sending you the
> 'delayed' notifications.  In my experience, most blacklisted domains will
> not get a 'delayed' message, but rather a return from the recipient domain
> stating that your mail was rejected....  For this reason, it seems that
you
> are unable to even establish connection from your local domain to the
> recipient domain.
> 
> Chris
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: luke levis [mailto:luke.levis@xxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:52 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: can't send to yahoo.com
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> here's an interesting twist.. our network is connected by a frame relay
> connection and our mail server in our philly office can send to yahoo, and
> aol, etc. just fine but our mailserver here can't
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lara, Greg [mailto:GLara@xxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:47 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: can't send to yahoo.com
> 
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Luke, it could be a dns issue as Chris mentioned, but the
www.dnsreport.com
> report for your domain indicated that you're an open relay. I don't know
if
> Yahoo rejects based on that, but I wouldn't be surprised, given the volume
> of UCE they must process.
> 
> 
> Greg Lara
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------
> This e-mail message may contain privileged, confidential and/or
proprietary
> information intended only for the person(s) named. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please destroy this message, and any attachments, and
> notify the sender by return e-mail. If you are not the intended
> recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
> message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly
> prohibited.
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading
> Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security
> Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library:
> http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
> http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading
> Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org Windows Security
> Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library:
> http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
> http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Other related posts: