can't receive dilemma

  • From: Jeffrey Adzima <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:16:43 -0700

I'm a newbie so please bear with me, apologies if this has already been addressed. I recently acquired an Exchange Server 2000 setup with about 50 mailboxes. All seem to be working well. The smtp server actually resides on an externally IP'd Linux box and using a redirector script there inside sendmail the mail is forwarded over to the Exchange Server. 49 mailboxes work great; however there's one that is causing some headaches.

I have one mailbox that we can't seem to get to the user's PC. He can send mail from his PC but when he tries to retrieve messages the system appears to be doing 'it's thing' but nothing comes in.

I've looked inside his mailbox on the server and can see that there are messages there, 22 to be exact as of yesterday, that have about 91K of information.

Can someone give me an idea of the best way to remedy this situation. TIA for all your help.