RE: cannot connect Outlook 2002 to Exch 5.5

  • From: Andrea Coppini <AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 00:38:29 +0200

We use Outlook XP with an Exch 5.5 server with no problems.

In your case, I would add the name of the exchange server and its IP address
to the LMHOSTS file (since it's an NT domain), also do a #PRE to preload it
when Windows starts up.

How (or rather, WHY) do you manage without WINS/DNS on your lan?  Ugh.