RE: can a virus do this?

  • From: "David Liles" <dliles@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:34:40 -0400

To the best of my knowledge, there shouldn't be any relaying.....

The email account that is erroring is on our exchange server so nothing should
be passing through our SMTP service. Our server is the end point in the
process.... I'm currently using an external email account to test by sending an
email to my account on our new exchange server.

If we need to specify external domains that can relay just so we can receive
email it seems we would be turnning ourself into an open relay....